Votes for Schools
Votes for Schools
British Values – Mutual Respect – Democracy – The rule of law – Tolerance of those with different faiths & beliefs
We participate in Votes for Schools, in collaboration with the other schools local to us in Coulsdon and PACE Trust. Each week the children are presented with a question in assemblies and the different view points and information available are shared with them to allow them to debate and form their own opinions. On the following Monday the vote of Yes/No is taken in each class and this information collated. This shows us what our children’s views are, how they compare to local and National views of other children, and our vote contribution will support further action to be taken. Topics for discussion come from the latest news or key topics such as anti-bullying.
Each week we share the vote results from the week before with the children.
Each week we share the vote question in our Weekly Memo so you can discuss this at home, and we also share the results of the children’s votes.
This week’s question is…
“Should phones be banned from music festivals?”
Other Key Stage One and Key Stage Two assemblies we have had during the school year discussed the following;
- Should borders exist?
- Should we be able to live wherever we like?
- Would you pay for a better grade?
- Is it important to make mistakes?
- Do superhero films promote a healthy body image?
- Should we compare ourselves to others?
- Should we have a 3 day weekend?
- Has Brexit broken Parliament?
- Do you know what a good leader should be like?
- Should Junk Food Ads be Banned?
- Should you always give people a second chance?
- Are there enough role models on TV?
- Do you think memorials are important?
- Can you spot a healthy relationship?
- Are you going to add bugs to your diet in 2019?
- Does Christmas start too early?
- Should uncontacted tribes be left alone?
- Are your local shops disability-friendly?
- Could you make your community a safer place?
- Can you spot online bullying?
- Should education be a top priority in time of crisis?
- Do you think Banksy’s recent stunt is art?
- Do Aliens Exist?
- Is this year’s Black History Month more important than ever?
- Is it important for you to know about Brexit?
- Should we give half of Earth to wild animals?
- Can we treat everyone equally in the UK?
- Would you like the police to spend more time in your school?