Design & Technology
Through our Design and Technology curriculum, all pupils will be taught the skills to design and make products that work effectively and fulfil users’ needs.
Each Summer, Years 1-6 take part in a project which guides them through the process of product design and allows them to develop these skills in greater depth as they move through the school. The project will require pupils to:
- Use their own experiences and knowledge of existing products to develop ideas.
- Have a clear idea of who they are designing and making products for.
- Clearly communicate the purpose of the products they are designing and making.
- Come up with design criteria in the form of sketches, drawings and protoypes.
- Be original in their thinking and designing of products.
- Evaluate their work