How skilled are staff in meeting the needs of my child?
At Beecholme Primary School all teachers recognise that they are teachers of ALL pupils and are responsible for SEND provision in the school.
- A regular programme of training is in place to ensure that all teachers and support staff have appropriate skills and knowledge to support provision for children with SEND.
- Most staff have had training in managing a variety of medical needs including diabetes, asthma, and epilepsy.
- Our SENDCo engages in a range of opportunities to share best practice and keep abreast of current local and national initiatives and policy to support pupils with SEND.
- The school seeks advice and guidance from local special schools to review, evaluate and develop provision for pupils who have the most complex needs.
- Structured end of year transition meetings are held between all staff.
- Training for specific learning difficulties is offered as required e.g. dyslexia, autism.
- Regular first aid training and updates take place.