We follow the Merton Agreed Syllabus for Religious education, which allows pupils to develop their knowledge and understanding of the principal religions represented in the United Kingdom.
Through discussion-based lessons, educational visits and links with our local community, we aim to enable all children to:
- Understand, accept, respect and celebrate the diversity of religion
- Exercise their own freedom of thought and express their individual views in a safe place at school
- Demonstrate sensitivity to the faith and cultural background of children in their class
- Develop an understanding of the influence of beliefs, values and traditions on the way people live
- Reflect on their own beliefs, values and experiences